Thursday, May 8, 2008

My owner tells me that she is undecided about RSS at this stage. I'm not real sure if she will use this but I'll keep encouraging her and kissing her because she needs to keep up the the technology and the youth of today. At the moment she subscribes to sites and receive email alerts and is happy with this arrangement. My mum says that that the reader would be useful if you subscribed to a great many feeds and needed to manage them. ( I've noticed that she has a RSS reed for a site on the Russian Blue cat - that's me)
For a library, mum says RSS would be really beneficial. I agree, what a great way to promote library events, promotions etc or to notify customers of changes to membership or borrowing to our customers especially to those who don't visit often.
Roxy

No comments: